If you’re someone who lives in the center of a city or close to where the nightlife is in your area, you probably know the pains of drunkenly agreeing to let friends crash at your place after a big night out. While some people might have that rare friend that willingly wakes up after a hangover and starts cooking up a storm, most of us don’t.
And if you’ve been in a situation like this you’ll know the first thing on everyone’s mind the following morning, other than questioning what happened the night before, is food. Generally a trip to a local cafe, a McDonalds, or any place that can serve you up a greasy breakfast with plenty of coffee is the normal solution. But for those times when you’ve overdone it so much that you don't dare leave your house the next day, you need a plan B.
So that leaves you with conventional methods of serving breakfast for you and your friends – and if you’re the kind of person to serve your friend’s cereal after a night out, then you should know that you need to step your game up, because cereal is weak, tasteless and barely fills a gap. Nothing sorts a hangover out better than a good old fry up, but this is 2017… We’re making burger buns out of avocado and people are genuinely eating insects as a sustainable protein source.
So I decided that for this article, I’m going to be going one better than standard the fry up. In this recipe, we’re going to be making a breakfast loaf – and when this thing is finished it’s going to look like a work of art. Imagine a savory breakfast cake filled with sausage, bacon, egg, beans etc. all thrown inside and you’ll get the basic idea. Once cooked, all you have to do is divide it up and serve it to your mates!
Ingredients For 1 Loaf of Bread:
1 Unsliced Loaf Of Bread
8oz Of Bacon
1 Can Beans
2oz Melted Butter
2oz Tomato Ketchup
How To Do It:
1. Stick your sausages and bacon onto an ovenproof tray before placing in the grill on a medium heat. Allow them to cook for 10-15 minutes, turning halfway through. When the bacon is crisp and the sausages are brown, take them out and place them to one side.
2. Slice up your mushrooms and place a layer over your oven pan, stick them under grill and allow them to cook for 5-10 minutes. When they turn a grayish brown and become juicy, remove them from the grill.
3. Cut a big rectangle shape from the top of your loaf, being careful not to cut through the bottom or sides. Used your hands to remove this section, leaving a rectangular hole within the bread.
4. Layer your sausage, bacon, mushrooms and beans inside the bread and crack your eggs on to the top.
5. Put your butter in a microwaveable bowl and microwave until runny. Mix the butter with your ketchup and using a pastry brush, brush the outside of your loaf to give it a nice coating of sauce.
6. Place in a preheated oven for 25 minutes at 350F. After 25 minutes, remove it from the oven and place on a large tray. Divide the loaf between however many of you there are, and enjoy!
This is one hearty breakfast that is sure to please. Greasy food and plenty of calories can work wonders for a hangover, so following a big night out this is sure to perk everyone up. Serve with some fresh cups of coffee. Your friends are going to love this for breakfast, so just make sure they know it’s a one off in case they start expecting it every weekend!